On this page, we will provide you with all the information you need to ﬁle your national phase of a PCT patent application in Paraguay.
A patent is a set of exclusive property rights granted for an invention, which is a product, technique or process with transformative novel features that provides a new way of doing something or a new solution to an issue. To get a patent, you need to file a patent application and provide technical information about the invention.
- It excludes others from making, using, distributing, importing or selling the invention without the patent owner’s consent. As a result, patent owners may get higher profit margins for their idea.
- Competitors may consider the risks of patent infringement before contemplating entering the market for the patented product or service, which would reduce competition.
- It increases the value of your business, since potential purchasers of your business would consider the patent as a valuable asset.
1. Name and address of the applicant. 2. Name, address and citizenship of the inventor(s). 3. Invention title, abstract of the Invention, utility model or design. 4. Invention, utility model or design text description. 5. Claims. 6. Priority claims (if any). 7. Set of formal drawings. 8. Translation of the foreign patent application into Spanish. 9. Official filing fee. 10. Power of Attorney.
1. Patent Search. 2. Application. 3. Formal examination. 4. Publication. 5. Substantive examination. 6. Granting of the patent.
Patent protection in Paraguay lasts 20 years from the application date, non-extendable.
The approximate time from application to granting (for a prosecution without an opposition) is from six to seven years.
- All documents must be translated into Spanish by an official translator. However, the translation can also be certified in Paraguay..
- All signed documents must be apostilled.
- Paraguay is a contracting state of the Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property.
An award winning law ﬁrm, not an Ip Service provider.
20 years and hundreds of experiences on patents.
An experienced and professional team carefully selected of IP lawyers in each country.
English speaker team
Your account manager is an IP attorney
Online Payments, Help Desk and Ticketing System
A contact ofﬁce in the US
A Clients Portal to control on real time the outcome of your cases
Automated monthly status reports.
State of the Art cloud based internal platform to coordinate a team in 18 different countries
IP in house counsel
Managing applications in different countries it is a lot of work. With BR I reduce the work load and I can spend more time on more important matters. I am overall more productive
Dealing with foreign associates could be very frustrating. BR is always available to reply my emails and phone calls
Their simplified Power of Attorney is really a deal maker. My boss simply signed electronically a POA and BR took care of the rest. It is much simpler than working with other firms.