If you need to file:
- A Patent application, Trademark or Design
- A Patent Annuity payment or Trademark renewal
- or ANY IP procedure... You are in the RIGHT PLACE!
BR Latin America covers 18 countries of LATAM and has more than 15 years of experience handling IP matters.
- PROTECT your invention and trademark in Costa Rica
- We have the latest technology for IP MATTERS
- Quality CUSTOMER SERVICE
- We have EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE in what we do
IP Law Firm of the Year in Colombia
IAE Intellectual Property award for Argentina
Costa Rica IP Facts
IP office: Registro Nacional website: www.rnpdigital.com
Hague Apostille Convention New Trademarks filed: 24.825
Trademark Law Treaty New Patent time line: aprox. 3-4 years
Multiclass TM Application Free Trade Agreement with US
New Patents filed: 1.535 (2008 WIPO)
New Trademark timeline: aprox. 3 to 4 months.
Costa Rica IP Regulations
On January 1 2017 will enter into force a new edition of the Nice Classification for the Registration of trademarks.
Law No. 6683 of October 14, 1982, regulates Copyright and Related Rights (as amended up to Law No. 8834 of May 3, 2010)
This Law regulates the procedures for enforcement of Intellectual Property.